Services and Features
Services offered include:
- Laptop screen replacement - fixing cracked LCD displays on laptops and other electrical devices
- Laptop repairs (hardware) - broken USB ports, broken headphone jacks, loose charging ports, complete motherboard replacement
- Laptop repairs (cosmetic) - keyboard replacement, liquid damage, broken screen hinges, cracked or broken panels
- Motherboard repairs - CMOS battery replacement, burst capacitor replacement, solder reflowing (except reballing graphics chips)
- Computer maintenance - RAM (memory upgrades), hard disk replacement, SSD upgrades, fan cleaning and thermal paste application
- Mobile computer repair - choose between in home computer repair or collection and drop off service complete with free diagnosis
- Online PC repair - if possible, the option to provide remote computer support using an online screen sharing application
- Desktop PC support - help with all computer issues such as Blue Screen of Death errors, missing drivers, faulty components or intermittent issues
- Home networking and support - anything from building a robust network, configuring routers and network devices to fixing issues with your existing network
- Computer consulting - if you need a second opinion a project or you're not sure which device is right for you I can help you with impartial advice
- Home media centre setup - want to turn your living room into a cinema? I can help you set up a media PC with network storage, sound system and projector
Covering a wide area:
In home computer service in Glenrothes, Leslie, Markinch, Tornton, Kinglassie, Milton of Balgonie, Coaltown of Balgonie, Windygates, Balcurvie, Kennoway, Kirkcaldy, Buckhaven, East Wemyss, Coaltown of Wemyss, Dysart, Kinghorn, Burntisland, Dunearn, Aberdour, Auchtertool, Mossmorran, Crossgates, Dalgety Bay, Inverkeithing, Rosyth, Dunfermline, Townhill, Kingseat, Limekilns, Charlestown, Crossford, Cairneyhill, Torryburn, Culross, Blairhall, Carnock, Oakley, Gowkhall, Kincardine, Clackmannan, Forestmill, Dollar, Saline, Tillicoultry, Cleish, Crook of Devon, Rumbling Bridge, Kinross, Fruix, Balgedie, Kinneswood, Scotlandwell, Auchmuirbridge, Falkland, Auchtermuchty, Ladybank, Kettlebridge, Kingskettle, Pitlessie, Springfield, Collessie, Cupar, Newburgh, Glenduckie, Rathillet, Leuchars, Newport-on-Tay, Tayport, St Andrews, Kemback, Kinaldy, Stravithie, Kingsbarns, Wormiston, Crail, Cellardyke, Lochty, Carnbee, Pittenweem, St Monans, Abercrombie, Elie, Colinsburgh, Lundin Links, Leven, Methil, Largo, Kilmux, Teasses, New Gilston, Craigrothie, Ceres, Pitscottie, Baldinnie and anywhere in-between.
Features and considerations:
I’ve been repairing and working with electronics professionally for over 10 years and as a hobbyist for over 15 years. I’ve done everything from cleaning lint out of laptop fans to setting up enterprise networks.
As this is not my day job, I do all of the work after 5pm on weekdays and over the weekend. This means you don’t have to worry about taking time off to get your computer fixed. I’m accommodating and happy to travel.
NO PARTS STOCK
I don’t stock parts so I will always make sure any parts used will be the right ones for your needs, not what I have the most of in the warehouse. I’m happy to use your own parts or search auction sites for the best deal.
NO FIX, NO FEE
I know when a problem is too complex or too expensive to fix and will help you find alternatives whether it’s another specialist or an appropriate upgrade. Quotes and consultations are free so you have nothing to lose.
Friendly neighbourhood geek for hire
I grew up in Poland then went to a vocational high school in America, studied Computer Technology and got my High School Diploma as well as Computer Networking, Hardware and O.S. certifications.
I then attended an American college, studied Computer Technology and Networking and graduated with an Associate of Science degree. Finally, I went to university in Edinburgh and did an undergraduate degree in Computer Networking.
Armed with my Bachelor of Science with Honours degree I started working in IT as a Systems Consultant. I'm currently training to become an engineer on the HP NonStop server platform.
In my spare time I fix computers for friends, family and anyone else who finds me and asks for help.
Opinion to share?
Please post it on a review site:
Is there anything which could have been done better? Get in touch using the contact form.